Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Meaning of Scarlett's

So book #2, Scarlett's, is ALMOST done and I'm so happy with the end results. It's my first time writing something not so fantasy, despite the fact that it is still fiction. But I wanted to give people something to make them realize that although there is a lot of questionable people out there, the good ones are the ones you need to find. Because they leave quite the lasting impression.

Now I'm quite the open minded person. Just because I don't deal with a lot of bullying or discrimination against women doesn't mean I can't write about it. I've heard about it or seen it enough to have formed my own opinions on things. That's what this book is about. The characters deal with everything from loss to sexual identity. And the message here is that things don't have to be so complicated even when everything around you does its best to be. I want people to find their purpose in life, and hopefully this book will at least crack a smile on someone's face. That would be awesome.

The characters are a sprinkle of people that I know and love. While not everything is exactly the way my life went, some events are pretty close. But no, I'm not any of the characters really. My profession and situations are in some of them, but not my personality for the most part. I wanted to show the base of what inspired these characters, but I wanted them to become their own identity in the way that they... let's say emote.

Also, what is different about this story, is that there really is no "main" character. There are about... eleven major characters that the story revolves around. Each with their own problems, strengths and personalities, some more fleshed out than others. And while the events in the story revolve around Jaime and Ashton, many of the books shining moments are with some of the other characters and that's really when the heart and the messages of the book come out.

So there we go. Scarlett's will be done soon and it'll be off to the printers. I'll give you guys a more accurate release date when things get nearer to release time. I'm excited about this one. Then again I get excited about all of them so you know, no big surprises there. I'll post some excerpts once I polish up and EDIT EDIT EDIT and then I get started on my next project. TWINED!!

Happy reading. Relax. Be merry. Eat pie. I'm so bossy.

-A.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment