Thursday, December 15, 2011

Quote Time!

So I've been getting a lot of work done on four simultaneous stories. Insane to do more than one at a time, I know, but I kind of need to. Keeps me fresh and also a lot of people are counting on me right now, so I have to do this well.

So here's a quote from each of the books I'm working on. Each about 40 some pages in.


"I was eleven years old, just turned. I didn’t want to grow up. I wanted to stay in my little townhouse and write on the sidewalk with chalk while I dreamed on what color giraffe I was going to be when I grew up. I just wanted things to be simple. I didn’t understand why things had to be so complicated for all the grown ups. And I decided that if growing up meant things got confusing, then I would stay little forever. I would stay simple. But unfortunately everything around me did its best not to be. The world liked to be complex. It liked to twist, to distort. To bleed you dry of whatever feeling you could muster while still letting you hold on to your sanity so that you could experience heartache at its prime. I didn’t know how cold the world was when I was eleven. If I would have known… then maybe I would have packed a sweater." -Avalin Marsh detailing how on her eleventh birthday her mother murdered a woman, in the book Twined

"One, two... they're watching you. Three, four... open the door. Five, six... bones break like sticks... Seven, eight, bodies stand straight... Nine, ten... they're alive again." -Agnus Chive, a demented little girl who plagues the main character's thoughts in the zombie survival tale Dead No More

“What I believe is that we should save ourselves from these cursed abominations far before we seek refuge in any sort of holy city.” -Tristian, stating she believes that Harkvane should save itself from the blackrot parasites infecting the country far before they use their forces to seek haven in a holy city that only the Old Testament say exist, in the grisly dark medieval fantasy Utopius 

"I do smoke a drug Ashton. It's called happiness. I can't score it myself, but I'm the best dealer I know." -Jaime Williams telling her best friend how making others feel happy helps her find purpose, but she can't seem to find happiness herself, in the uplifting crossover story Scarlett's


So there's some pretty cool quotes so far. I can't wait to finish these books but I'm not going to rush. I'm going to make these stories as awesome as possible. Definitely time to get to work! Because at this point I'm running off of coffee and sarcasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment