Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Latest BASTION Prequel to War Book Review!

The same dream again. Things were twisted now, thunder clapping as the same man from before stood at the top of the same cliff. Rigil watched from some unknown position at this mystery being who was fighting for his life against some kind of invisible force. He raised his arm and shouted some kind of word that couldn’t be understood as shadows began creeping in all around him. But this time his face could be seen. As an arrow struck him and he fell to his death, his face looked exacly like-Rigil’s.


Bastion: Prequel to War is the story of a young man named Rigil, who teams up with a gypsy named Meriah and Syrius, the white wolf. The three of them take a journey to the city of Illyria, and run into a lot of trouble along the way.
Normally, fantasy books don’t interest me and I can’t get past the first chapter, so when I started reading Bastion, I expected to get bored with it. That was not the case. Once I started reading, it was hard for me to
put down. I read half of the book in one day.
A.L. has created a world that I would want to live in. The characters come to life, and the plot is filled with action. There is also a bit of romance and I found myself laughing at certain parts of the book. The cliffhanger ending leaves you wanting more, and will make you wonder what happens next.
The book is great. I can’t wait to see what other books and projects Collins has planned. If you like Harry Potter, then you’ll love Bastion.  ~ B.Breen - Manchester, Maryland

No comments:

Post a Comment